Art on 12 Presents: Inter.Sections, with Nathan Brown!
Sunday, January 19, 3-5 pm!
Come see this special performance before Nathan leaves on his west coast tour!
Nathan is an author, songwriter, and award-winning poet living in Wimberley, Texas. During this special event at Art on 12, Nathan will be performing songs from his album of all-original songs, “The Streets of San Miguel”, released this last year. He will also be reading selections from his many published books of poetry, together with poems written about selected pieces of art from our gallery.
And, as an added treat, Nathan will read from his current book “Just Another Honeymoon in France: A Vagabond at Large.”
Nathan is a crowd favorite and delights with his poems about everyday life and with his touching songs written in beautiful San Miguel de Allende!
Come enjoy some refreshments, kick back and enjoy the performance! Hope to see you there!
You are invited to participate!
Call for Artists to Exhibit at Art on 12
Submission for the Exhibition
– Submission: Wednesday, November 6, 10 am to 5 pm, on a first-come first-served basis. Although, you may fill out the form and mail it along with a check to the address above to hold a space.
*** Make check payable to: Art on 12.
– Reception: Saturday, November 9, 2019, from 4 pm to 7 pm.
– Additional forms are available on the website: arton12.com or at Art on 12 Gallery.
– Pick up unsold artwork: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
– Gallery Fee $40 (up to 3 pieces).
– Art on 12 retains 30% commissions on sales.
– Artists with sales will be paid on the 10th of the following month.Guidelines
– Each Guest Artist may submit one to three pieces. Name and title must be on the back of each piece.
– Maximum size on the outside edge (h”+ w”) – the total of 3 pieces not to exceed 130 inches.
– Must be original works by the artist.
– All artwork must be for sale.
– Unless sold, all entries to remain up during the entire show.
– Artwork must be properly presented and ready for hanging. Each piece must be properly framed and wired for hanging, no plastic frames or sawtooth hangers.
– 3D work – not to exceed 50 lbs.
– Removable label must be on the front identifying artist and entry numberLiabilityArt on 12 will exercise due care in handling works submitted. Art on 12 is NOT responsible for any loss or damage to any work of art.
Participation in this show authorizes Art on 12 to photograph artworks for promotional purposes on Art on 12 website and social media.
ART ON 12 Presents A Sunday Series THIS SUNDAY, AUGUST 25, 3-5pm, Nathan Brown INTER. SECTIONS
Section 2 with 50+ Artists
“Nathan Brown is an author, singer-songwriter, photographer, and award-winning poet who served as the Poet Laureate of Oklahoma for 2013 and 2014. Fresh off his latest tour, Nathan will be performing songs from his latest CD, “The Streets of San Miguel”, and others from his vast repertoire. He’ll also be reading poems written about selected pieces of art in Art on 12, and works from his numerous poetry books. “
Our first even in Inter.Sections: Word, Art, & Song, was a delightful and funny event with poetry by Nathan Brown, Music by Dirje Childs, Art by 50+ Artists.
Nathan told stories and read poems that explored the world of teenage daughters, Oh My!, and the perspectives from the different stages of life. He sang with his guitar and Dirje Child played both solo and accompaniment on her cello. Parts were laugh-out-loud and others were songs of serious prayers.
InterSections: Poetry by Nathan Brown, Music by Dirje Childs, Art by 50+ Artists
Sunday July 7th from 3pm – 5pm at Art on 12
The first in our series will feature performances by Nathan Brown and Dirje Childs.
Nathan is a nationally-touring singer/songwriter and former Oklahoma Poet Laureate. Nathan will be reading selections from works he has authored, including some special poems he has written about art in the gallery! He has a new album titled “The Streets of San Miguel” recorded At Blue Rock Studios and he will be singing songs from that album.
Joining Nathan will be Dirje Childs, a beloved and classically-trained cellist. Dirje has accompanied some of the best musicians in Texas and the nation. The sounds coming from Dirje’s cello are sure to warm your heart!
Please join us for this wonderful performance from two of the best in Texas!